You may have heard that this event has been postponed. You should have heard from the race organiser by now and we have also been in touch with your options. Whatever you decide, there's always a place for you with #TeamNSPCC, so please do get in touch with us to let us know what you would like to do. We're grateful for all your hard work training and fundraising – it's only with the help of people like you we're able to protect children today and prevent abuse tomorrow.
You can still join #TeamNSPCC for the new date too! Sign up for this event and help us make sure we can still be here for children.
Take on the iconic London Marathon
In the running world, it doesn't get much better than the unbeatable atmosphere of the Virgin Money London Marathon.
Postponed now until October 04 2020, there is plenty of time to apply, get training and reach your fundraising target to raise money for every childhood.
Why take part?
- Receive world class training tips and tailored support from our training partners.
- Your own NSPCC running vest with iron on letters.
- VIP treatment at our post-race celebration just minutes from the finish line with food, drink and a sports massage.
- Lots of whoops and cheers from all our cheer points en route.
- You’ll be doing something amazing for children.
Take a look at our photos from 2019! By joining us, you'll be fighting for every childhood and changing lives. That's what we call a personal best.
Before you apply, here's what you need to know
- We ask all charity place runners to pay a £100 registration fee and commit to the minimum fundraising target of £2,200.
- We get 3 applications for every place. We give places based on the quality of your application, especially the reasons you want to run for us and how you’ll reach the fundraising target. We don’t give places on a first-come first saved basis.
- We only accept individual applications.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. We are only able to provide a refund of the £100 registration fee if we reject your application for the Virgin Money London Marathon.
We aim to respond to all applications within three weeks.
The Virgin Money London Marathon ballot was announced in October 2019. If you were lucky enough to have got a place, you can still join #TeamNSPCC. As an own place runner there is no minimum fundraising target, we just ask that you raise what you can to get all the perks of joining our team.
"Thank you all so much for your amazing support before, during and after the London Marathon. It really was a truly memorable day and it had been a real privilege to run for #TeamNSPCC."
Personalised training from Full Potential
Our expert trainers Full Potential are with you every step of the way on your running journey.
- A plan to get you ready that's tailored to your experience, level of fitness and goals
- Real coaches that you can email or call to get advice or reassurance that your training is going well
- Training days where you come together with coaches and other participants
- NSPCC Facebook and Strava groups to help you keep in touch with your team mates
Get started today with our dedicated running training zone.You'll find everything from injury prevention to nutrition advice.
"Full Potential were extremely helpful, always responding quickly to emails and were very encouraging! The training event was excellent."
NSPCC event participant
As the world is changing daily, so is the way people are fundraising and asking for sponsorship. We’re here to help you think of fundraising in a different and safe way during this time.
Did you know… Donations made via Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving are paid to the NSPCC once a week. This means that we can put every donation to use immediately – so we can continue to be there for children.
Here is our handy guide to how you might reach your target during lockdown (and have fun at the same time!)
- Online pub quiz - £100
You don’t need to be at your local to hold a quiz, get online and use a video conference platform to host one instead. Ask individuals to donate in return for taking part.
- Hold an online class - £100
You may be a teacher, fancy yourself as a fitness guru or can teach a musical instrument. If not why not reach out to friends and family to host a class on your behalf.
- Have a clear out - £150
Having a big sort out is great during anytime of the year. Sell your unwanted clothes and accessories online to rack up the cash.
You can also click here for our top tips on how to share your fundraising page during lockdown!